You’ve found the perfect new home and you’re counting down the days until you can call it your own. All that’s left to do now is pack up and go!
Moving house is often easier said than done, so we’ve compiled a list of our favourite moving house tips to make the shift as easy as possible. We’ve got a range of moving truck rental options to suit any move, as well as the friendly staff to offer advice on which one might be best for your needs.
Before we get into the individual hacks, let’s start out with a quick checklist of the basics. This is the stuff every good mover should keep in mind!
Moving House Checklist
- Create a moving plan – every room you need to pack, and what items you want to keep out for easy access
- Stock up on newspaper or bubble wrap for delicate items
- Wrap valuable electronics, like TVs or laptops, in soft blankets
- Label boxes as you pack, marking which room they need to be moved into
- Measure your large furniture to ensure it will fit in the right size moving truck
- Make a backpack or small box of essential items (new house keys, phone chargers, medications, toiletries, etc.)
- Secure parking through your local counsel in your current location and your future neighbourhood
- Start early to beat the traffic when the big day comes
- Make sure you know the pick-up and drop-off times for your moving truck rental
- Save your boxes and packing supplies for any future moves
That’s the easy stuff. Now let’s dip into the most important hacks for moving yourself: