Bluesfest is back in 2019, and not only is it better than ever, it’s here to celebrate its 30th birthday – and the party is on.
Clear out your calendar for Easter (the Byron Bay Bluesfest dates are officially Thursday April 18 to Monday April 22), book your Bluesfest tickets, and don’t forget to lock in your accommodation and car hire as soon as possible. We are offering festival goers 12% off our SUV range*. Simply use the promotion code BLUESFEST19 to redeem.
Here’s everything you need to know about Bluesfest 2019.
New to Bluesfest?
If you’ve never before attended a Bluesfest in Byron Bay, you’re in for a treat. This is Australia’s premier contemporary blues and roots music festival. Artists come from all over the world to the Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm, which is a little north of Byron Bay, and roughly an hour south of the Gold Coast.
Prepare for five straight days of incredible live music. Each day brings 12 hours of performances across various stages, totaling more than 200 shows in total. There are five licensed bars on site, and more than 100 food and market stalls to nibble and shop between shows.
This festival is widely regarded as one of the best events in the country, and better yet, it’s family-friendly, too!
The incredible Bluesfest 2019 lineup
Local and international acts come together every year for a star-studded lineup at Bluesfest. Here are some of the biggest names gracing the stages in 2019:
- Jack Johnson
- Iggy Pop
- Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
- Tash Sultana
- Paul Kelly
- Norah Jones
- Julia Stone
- Ocean Alley
- Melbourne Ska Orchestra
And many, many more!
Where to stay for Bluesfest in Byron Bay
Festival organisers offer camping space for up to 6,000 people on the grass fields right next to the Bluesfest. These grounds include toilet and shower facilities, as well as hot breakfasts, coffee, and other basics. There are also spaces for motorhomes on site. Note that the campground is an alcohol-free zone, and sites are allocated when you arrive, so it’s best arrive early, and with any friends you want to be near. Also, camping tickets are sold separately to your festival pass.
If camping isn’t for you, there are numerous options for hotels, motels, and AirBnBs in and around Byron Bay. The sooner you book the better!
Other tips and information
- Byron Bay weather is usually sunny and hot, so bring a hat and plenty of sunscreen
- Byron Bay weather can get cool at night, so bring a warm set of clothes for evenings
- Not sure what to do in Byron Bay? If you need a break from the festival, the area offers fantastic walks, beaches, and markets
- There are EFTPOS facilities on site, but it’s a good idea to bring cash
- Pack a torch, tons of water, snacks, portable phone charger, and spare toilet paper just in case
- It can be a good idea to bring a flag or other unique item to hoist over your tent to make finding your campsite easier (especially after dark!)
- Booking a rental car for Bluesfest? Don’t forget to book your Bluesfest parking ASAP